Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Racing Ralph Ralphed

This tire lasted no more than 4 rides. It started to leak from a sidewall scratch just after a winter park race, fortunately not during. Without snakeskin these tires are notorious for sidewall failures so this is not unexpected. I got a deal on the tires at $27 so can't be disappointed. I sloshed the sealant around and the by the next day it would hold 30psi. Still I didn't want to get stranded so I followed the stans repair guide and booted the tire with a tube patch. I didn't have brake clean so used isopropyl alcohol. I see if I can get four more rides out of it but I'm not taking it to any pointy-rocks type trails. I found a stans booger in the tire where the sealant must have dried from the air rushing out.




No comments:

Post a Comment